AB SMC Flex motor controller fault

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
hello all,

a customer of mine is getting a line loss B fault code on their motor controller, model number 150-f135nbd. he was telling me that the voltage is high on the incoming power from the electrical company, over 500 volts. supposedly when they switch over to their onsite generator, that runs around 480, they dont have any issues. It sounds like an issue with the power company... but im not a high voltage electrical guy and I dont have much experience with motors and motor controllers.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice so that I can lead him in the right direction, which will likely be getting him in touch with someone with experience in high voltage.

According to the user manual, that fault indicates that the drive is not seeing any voltage on the B line. It sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere between the drive and the incoming service.

im thinking more along the lines of it being from the power company. its two different pumps with two different motor controllers. he also told me just now that the utility company did some work down the line and the problem has started since they did the work.

I have him getting with the utility company to get them to come analyze the incoming power.