Ab soft motor starter smc-3

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYONE
SMC-3 Allen Bradley smart motor controller failed to start the conveyor motor which has been running for a few years without any problem.
At the moment the system is running without SMC-3 in normal condition,the motor current is balanced and running about 3.5 amps per phase and motor body temperature is normal.
After I received the replacement unit (SMC-3) with the exact type it was connected back into the panel, upon the start up within a few seconds delay RUN/FAULT led came on without any flashing and not energizing the motor.
I took out the new unit out of the panel, wired up and tested on bench (wiring diagram attached). The result the same as before even though I increased the start time by setting dip switch . I wonder if someone can tell me if the unit could be defective even though it is brand new unit.this is basically an electronic contactor and it should power up the motor when 3 phase voltage and control voltage (110 ) applied to unit. Just to remind you dip switches (1 to 16)set based on original set up. Thanking you all for your time.

SMC-3.jpg

When the LED is steady and nothing happens, but you KNOW for sure it has all 3 phases getting to it, that usually means the dip switch that selects the motor configuration, #15, is in the wrong position. If you wired that starter and motor as shown in that drawing, sw# 15 must be in the "Line" position, or "I" (up), not "Delta" or "O" (down). If its in Delta but you connected in in Line, it is thinking you have the motor connected wrong.

Thanks jraef your suggestion worked. I am just curious about dip switch #15 because my documentation states that dip switch #15 off: normal and on : up to speed on page 2-5 of publication 150-AT001B-EN-P April 2002.
Regards Perspolis

Are you using the manual from the old one that you removed, to interpret the newer replacement unit? The switch numbers may have changed. The manual I looked at shows Sw #15 as the mode selector.

Hi jraef
Thanks for clarification,I have downloaded the dip switch setting description which is totally different. Thanks again
Regards Perspols