AB Studio 5000 Arrays

Bbarnett

I have a situation...

I have a Fanuc robot talking to an AB CompactLogix through Ethernet/IP. 100 Fanuc registers (or 100 DINTs) are designated to a certain part. When part #1 is selected, R1 = 1 and all other registers = 0. If I select part #2, R2 = 1 and all other registers = 0.

I was thinking...If I want to select part #2, all registers = 0, and then write R2 = 1 Unfortunately, I don't know how to do the 'all registers = 0' part since I can't CLEAR or write a 0 to an array.

What is the easiest/quickest way to write the logic for this? What commands should I use? I'm trying to not have rungs with 100 outputs or 100 contacts..

*I am not allowed to change the Fanuc program unless it's a last resort thing.

Thanks guys.

Use the FLL instruction to clear the array, then put the value you want into whichever location you want.

FLL, 0, Array[0], 100