ABB ACS800 Drive

Coops

Hi Guys,

I know its not directly PLC related but it is connected to my PLC :)

Just a quick one then, We have an ABB ACS800 Drive and when we change a parameter on the drive and then do a save (think it was 16.06) it comes up saved but if we cycle the power to the drive the parameter reverts to what it was before the change. I have also tried uploading to the keypad, changing the parameter and downloading back but it still wont keep the change after a power cycle. Any ideas? and Paramater Lock is Open.

Thanks

Time to call or email Tech Service on that one. I've had trouble doing that too and there is a specific order of keystrokes needed. Don't remember what it is.

16.06 LOCAL LOCK Disables entering local control mode (​
[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]LOC/REM [/FONT][/FONT]key of the panel).

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
WARNING!​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]Before activating, ensure that the control panel is not
needed for stopping the drive!
OFF Local control allowed. 0

ON Local control disabled. 65535

If you're in local control you won't be able to use the disable local paramater, depending on version.

http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/sc...8f80034ed25/$file/en_acs800_standard_fw_l.pdf

I'm fairly familiar with these drives if you need more help.

Last edited:
Sorry guys it was parameter 16.07 i was using to do the save but couldnt get it to keep the parameters on a power cycle.

OK, I believe that 99.02 is my problem it is set to Hand/Auto macro so tomorrow I will change the parameters I need to and then go to 99.02 and to a USER 1 SAVE and then change it back to USER 1 LOAD and hopefully when I cycle the power it will then work??

Cheers

If you enter a changed MACRO in 99.02, you will set all the parameters to the default values for that macro. Probably not a good idea unless you are fully aware of all of the changed parameters and are ready to set them again.

Just curious: What did Tech Service say about this or haven't you contacted them?