ABB CAA SerialCom

ividic

Dear members,
Does anyone have experience with using serial communication on ABB PLCs?

I have an issue with setting up serial communication on AC500-eco PLC PM5052-R-ETH with option card TA5142-RS485I.

According to ABB documentation it should be possible to use Modbus RTU or CAA Serial communication. So there should be support for using standard CAA codesys library. But the problem is that I cannot get port active, so CAA.Open FB is giving an error.

I have tried to use ABB serial comm FB to get port number and configuration. Option card is inserted in slot 2 on PLC and I'm getting result 2 from function ComGetIdByName, but when I try to run FB ComGetCaaSerialComConfig I'm getting unknown error. I could not find ABB application example or something like that on internet, everything is related to Modbus setup and I need just a simple program that will send some data using serial communication over that RS485 port.

If you need some additional info, let me know.

I have manage to solve it, maybe somebody will have use of this:

Problem was that in configuration of TA5142-RS485I option Run on config fault should be selected to yes and then AC500 ComGetCaaSerialComConfig FB is working properly and I was able to get parameters to standard CAA Serial communication FB.

If somebody needs more info let me know.

Hi,
I am beginner and setting up serial communication on AC500-eco PLC PM5052-T-ETH with option card TA5141-RS232I. I need to interface an LCD with it. Can some one guide/ help.
Regards

Farhat