Abb Robots and DVT Camera comms

Davev2005

Hi, I'm need to communicate a ABB Robot 6400 with a DVT 600 series camera. Somebody can help me about it. I try to find some examples in Cognex web site but has been impossible find some help. The robot controller have serial comms and the camera ethernet comms. I thing that i need to use a serial-ethernet conversor.

Thank you for your help

hi, we used a Moxa serial to Ethernet converter to communicate from a Kawasaki robot to a Cognex camera. The robot was putting out serial comms and the Camera was using TCP/IP Ethernet.

hi all,
when i was searching ifound this topic.
i am using a irb 6600 ABB robot with predefined coordinates.
but now we have to send target position data by a camera.
so the robot should see the object and pick it.

all my documents about it are related with predefined coordinate moving like;
MoveJ p40,v40,fine,GRIPPER;
where p40 is the teached posistion before by a teach pendant.
the p40 below,is defined at the end of the program, and the values are automatically calculated when i press modify (teach in) button.
CONST robtarget p40:=[[2115,23.05,1047.05],[0.711819,0.004768,0.702331,0.004844],[0,0,-1,1],[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09]]

did any one connected a camera with an analog output or sth else to an abb robot?

Abb camera connection

Hi i have already done it before using a Scorpion Software which is so famous in Norway.
If you need more clarification pls contact with me.
Best Regards

Sinan

[email protected]

ROBOTMER

wwww.robotmer.com

hi all,
when i was searching ifound this topic.
i am using a irb 6600 ABB robot with predefined coordinates.
but now we have to send target position data by a camera.
so the robot should see the object and pick it.

all my documents about it are related with predefined coordinate moving like;
MoveJ p40,v40,fine,GRIPPER;
where p40 is the teached posistion before by a teach pendant.
the p40 below,is defined at the end of the program, and the values are automatically calculated when i press modify (teach in) button.
CONST robtarget p40:=[[2115,23.05,1047.05],[0.711819,0.004768,0.702331,0.004844],[0,0,-1,1],[9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09,9E+09]]

did any one connected a camera with an analog output or sth else to an abb robot?

Your DVT has serial comms. Check out Data Link in the DVT help files. I dont know ABB and I am just learning Fanuc. Its comms are Ethernet though. I have done data link comms to PLC's though. You have to buy a RJ11 to serial converter 9 pin from DVT.

Last edited:
6400 id the manipulator not the control staion. You need to ID the controls (S4, S4C, S4C+) I did a S4C+ to banner with an AB SLC 5/05 as a bridge. The main thing to find out is the I/O mapping for the memory locations. Once you define them you can look at that location for coordinance or angle of refrence to rotate the end effector xx.xx degrees.

It has been yeas since I did a robot so I may have skipped over a few steps.