ABB variable frequency drive & CAN-bus problem

All parameters in Group 3 are read only. Both parts of the control word are modified by being written from CANBus. The status word is modified by the drive to report whats happening in the drive. CANBus reads both parts of the status word but cannot change it.

Ok I understand the read-only part and that statuswords are written only by the drive and cannot be changed. But how then can I write 2 control words?
I don't quite understand the entire DCU part in combination with the control word.

Each part has its own address so you end up writing one part to one address and the other part to the other address.

More than that is beyond my ability to help. I have no experience with CANBus and am about as far as I can go.

Well I guess I'll be calling ABB tech support USA tomorrow. Do you know in what state/time zone they're located due to the big time difference?
Thanks for all your help and I'll keep you posted...

They are in a suburb of Milwaukee Wisconsin which is Central Daylight Time. I believe that would be 6 hours earlier than The Netherlands.

Well I guess I'll be calling ABB tech support USA tomorrow. Do you know in what state/time zone they're located due to the big time difference?
Thanks for all your help and I'll keep you posted...
Are you all set with this? I have setup an ABB drive to talk over CAN, maybe I can help