ABB Watermaster

YoungWint

I have an ABB watermaster on a Siemens Profibus Platform.

Obviously I want to read this data but each slice of data is 5 bytes in length. 4 bytes being the value and the 5th being status.

To read this do I need to use the DP read instruction? Or can I simply map as PID (Value) and PIW (Status).

In my hardware I have configured so each Slot of IO being started on an even number, guess if DP read is required this must be changed to consecutive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try to put the addressing in the process image area, QB/IB127 and downwards. (Might allow higher address - it is cpu dependant). Then you can read the status with L IBx, and the value with L IDz.

Kalle

Similar Topics

I am new to this forum and coming here as a novice to PLC work and signal However, my questions here hopefully won’t pertain to PLC programming...
Replies
Views
Good morning folks, I need your help and I am a beginner on PLC and I have been given an assignment on wiring a flowmeter to plc and create a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Has anyone used an ABB Watermaster on profibus with a Compactlogix? I have a project with a number of them on and want to develop a...
Replies
Views
does anyone have an install or know if/where i can download it for the following "ABB PS501 Control Builder Plus V2.3 " the software was a free...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom