Absolute cheapest Remote IO ?

these guys are embedding links in their results, and then editing it. so when a user gets an email response about a reply to their topic, there is a link in the email. but it doesn't show up here, unless we check the history.

thanks for reporting. there seems to be an increase in spam these days.

That's awesome, never knew Clicks could do that!

So I wonder if the battery in the Click died, would it still function as Remote I/O? I saw in the video that he had tk set up what data was to be shared, but I couldn't tell if that was just for generating the EDS file or not.

In theory if it was simply remote I/O with no program in it I don't see why it wouldn't continue to work.

In theory if it was simply remote I/O with no program in it I don't see why it wouldn't continue to work.

Not sure about the Click's but in A-B SLC or ML the data would still be read if the CPU was in PROGRAM and not RUN, but the outputs would be disabled (maybe) (Got a SLC5/03 that the outputs still work when put in PROGRAM and can be messaged to directly still)

Is cheap the answer?

You have to ask if its cheap :

-will it last?
-will I get spares in 6 years (or 6 months) ?
-what is support like when it goes wrong ?
-What is quality like?

- WHY IS IT SO CHEAP?

Opto22 Snapio is good IO and can be used as remote IO for AB. I have used a ton in a previous life, and have had some running fine for many many years. The is a brain, backpanel, and then various types of IO modules.

I use SMC. Not as cheap, but very well priced.
It can use plugs for IO so does not need to be in a cabinet
Added bonus of having a pneumatic manifold if needed.

@Chris Taylor already mentioned it, but a +1 for IoLogix E1200 etc from Moxa.

Can use Ethernet/IP.

Advantages:
2 port RJ45 with internal switch for daisy-chaining
Cheap
Reliable
Can get extreme temp version

Disadvantages:
No LED indicators for IO (just power + comms TX/RX)
Only screw terminal (I use push in DIN rail terminals)