Accessing Studio 5000 Tag Based Alarms in Red Lion Crimson

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if you can access the newish Tag Based Alarms in Studio 5000 in Crimson 3.1? There are some benefits to this if it's possible as the tag based alarms aren't quite as resource intensive as using my own alarm routines or the built in ALARM_DIGITAL block.

A tag-based alarm is similar to a digital alarm in that it monitors a tag value to determine the alarm condition. However, a tag-based alarm is not part of the logic program and does not increase the scan time for a project. Use the New Alarm dialog box to implement a tag-based alarm. An alarm definition is associated with an Add-On Instruction (AOI) or a defined data type. When a tag is created using a data type or an AOI that has alarm definitions, alarms are created automatically based on the alarm definitions.

Tag-based alarms are supported only on Compact GuardLogix 5380, CompactLogix 5380, CompactLogix 5480, ControlLogix 5580, and GuardLogix 5580 controllers.