AD Question: How to set the TIME and DATE using OP-620 with NO keypad

AD Question: How to set the TIME and DATE using OP-620 with NO keypad

Unlike OP-1500 the OP-620 operator screen does not have a keypad. Does anyone have the logic for changing and displaying the DATE and TIME from a 260 CPU

Thanks for your answers.

Andy

A glutton for punishment, eh?

I have not used an OP-620 in a long time, but I will say that this IS doable. Be warned that it won't be easy, and expect to add a LOT of code to your PLC program to manipulate the data. I'd recommend scrapping this idea, but if you're up for a challenge... :rolleyes:

Use a separate menu message for each value (hours, minutes, day, etc.), so you can use the arrow adjustment for the values. You COULD do this from a regular message and use the function keys to directly increment/decrement values, but the response time will be delayed.

I don't have any canned code that would be appropriate for this, but I will be glad to offer suggestions for problems you will undoubtedly encounter while getting this to work.

You could make your life a LOT easier by using an EZ-220/420 panel instead of the OP-620. The EZ allows direct access to the memory locations, so you won't have to add much (if any) additional code in the PLC. By the way, these fits in the exact same cutout. They're also cheaper!... (y)

🍻

-Eric