Adding an analog card

Duxbut

Beginer question. What are the steps I'll have to go thru to add an analog card and a linear transducer? I know I'll have to address the card. But as far as communicating the transducer with the card and the card with my program? I know its a generic question just trying to prepare for my upcoming adventure! So far I have advanced pretty well with the help from here!

Thanks!

You asked for a lot of things, but omitted the most vital information....

What system are you using ?

It's sometimes hard on a new subject for me to know what to ask. I'm pretty much self taught to this point. I'm using an Omron CJ2M CPU which i know alot of people on here aren't real fond of. I'm going to be hooking up a Novotechnik position transducer. I'm monitoring a hydraulic press closing which moves pretty slow. Was told 4-20ma would be a good power source. One of my questions there is, will I need a power supply or do the anolog cards supply this kind of current? As far as the program will I abe using all math formulas to convert current to a code that relates to position? I may be over my head on this project but usually end up picking things up quick once i have figured out the basics.

P.S. Bernie, I learned to be a professional Taxidermist on a site just like this. I got used to sarcasm but know that some times people just have bad days and they wouldn't be on here if they didn't want to help people! 🍺