Adding PowerFlex 525 to Logix program

phuz

I'm trying to do something extremely simple in adding PowerFlex 525 drives to a Logix program (V20). If I add the drive manually through the catalog, it ends up with yellow caution marks, even though it is definitely the correct module. If I add the drive using the discover tool, it will add OK, but if I select any data links (output current/voltage), it also causes the drive to end up with yellow caution marks.

If I try to use the "Match Drive" button on the config page, I end up with an IO Exception error that causes logix to crash. Something odd I noticed is when I add the drive using datalinks, it shows up in the controller tree like this: AB:powerFlex525V_E_49A6C16C:I:0
but if I use no datalinks, it shows normal: AB:powerFlex525V_EENET_Drive:I:0

Also unrelated, I think, when I go to the drive tab after opening the drive's properties, I get this:
"Missing device in port 1 in offline drive"

I remember this used to work.

Last edited:
The best way I've gotten datalinks to work correctly is to set them up in CCW.

Then match the drive in RS Logix while offline save the .ACD and then download.

I've been through this issue and the procedure is not intuitive.

Go online with the processor.
Save the program.
Go OFFLINE and stay offline.
Go into the RSLogix IO Tree and right click on the Drive in question and select "Properties"
Click on the "Drive" tab.
Click on the "UPLOAD" button.
Navigate to the CORRECT drive in the RSLinx window that pops up.
Select "OK"
(Paramaters will now download)
Once complete click on "Apply"
Then SAVE the program.
Once complete you MUST DOWNLOAD the program to the processor.

(This process cannot be done in Online mode"