Adding TOD OB

Hello,

When I started a new program in Step 7, I was asked which OB I want to use for TOD-interrupt. I only chose OB10, but now I want to add some more.

But when I go to HW Config and open the tab "Time-of-day-interrupts", I cannot chose other OB's because they are gray.

With right-click on the CPU in HW Config, I cannot "Open Objects"

How can I activate more TOD OB's?

I'm working offline on Step7 v5.4

I cannot find the answer in the manuals I have.

I hope somebody can help me.

Sorry guys,

I didn't find my answer yet.
What I mean is when I start a new project using the wizard, I can choose to use OB10, OB11, OB12, etc.
But when I allready have a project with only OB10 and I want to use OB11 also, I go to HW Config, rightclick and choose tab "Time of Day interrupt".
There I should activate OB11, but I can't, because it's gray , so not allowed to change.
Can anybody tell my why I can't and how I should activate here?

Can't check properly (at the moment), but my guess is that your CPU only supports one time of day interrupt.

Hello Erik;

Happy Holidays!

There is only OB10 supported as a TOD OB in the S7-300 Compact CPUs. Here is a excerpt from the Compact CPUs Instruction list manual:

TOD_OBs_CompCPU.jpg

If you need more, you will need to roll your own, by reading the Real-Time Clock and using the Date and Time values to setup a trigger for your code. There are SFCs available to help you on this.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier