adhesive top label

mir shefali

"Removing the adhesive top label from the drive changes the NEMA/UL enclosure rating from Type 1 to Open. Frames 5 and 6 do not have a top lebel"

I have found this line in PowerFlex700 Technical Data (Publication 20B-TD001E,Page-43.
Please Help me to understand what is adhesive top label.

adhesive top label: a label or marker that is on top of the drive enclosure. It has glue on the back that holds it in place. I assume that this label states the NEMA type for the enclosure that contains the drive.

If removing it changes the NEMA rating from Type 1 (indoor, enclosed, not dust-tight, not water-tight) to "Open", that is no big deal, and not much of a change. It is still the same enclosure with the same properties, even though it might no longer meet the legal definition of a Type 1 enclosure.

Last edited: