advise welcomed rslogix 5000 sale

Sherlock4me

I am selling my Studio 5000 software on EBay and I will be sending a transfer of ownership document with the Master Disks and paperwork. I just don't want to open myself up to someone who could pay, then download and activate and return the whole thing to me within 2 weeks leaving me holding a worthless bag.

Forgive my ignorance, but any advice here would be appreciated. I thought maybe I should send the transfer of ownership after the 2 weeks has passed, but that doesn't seem right. (it's guaranteed money back for 2 weeks) Not sure how to cover myself here..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281703877644?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

As always, a big thanks to all you guys

If the buyer returns it, make sure the FactoryTalk activation is valid before returning payment - otherwise don't offer returns on sold items, but offer a warranty that it will work or get allow a return & refund if doesn't work.

Actually what you are selling is the activation. everything on the CD's can be downloaded from Rockwell.
You will have to get with Rockwell activation support and have them pull the activation from you computer.
the buyer will need a tech support contract to activate the software ( move the activation to his local machine.
after he has a current support contract he can then download whatever software the has an activation for that way he would have the latest version.
I thing the support contract for the studio 5000 is about $1,000 to $1,500 per year it changes depending what package you have.
unless toy are using a dongle then just the dongle can be sent to buyer.
the will still need a tech connect contract. every time they make firmware upgrade or add hardware you need to download the updates. That can only be done if you have a contract with Rockwell

by the way I did send a PM no reply I may be interested in it let me know
and yes I do have a current support contract.

When selling something on eBay you can select "no return policy". Maybe something to look into for next time you sell something like software/licenses.