Alarm Silence Circuit

Got it

OK well I committed the cardinal sin...never again. I emailed Allen directly instead of keeping it on the post...sorry guys, I was getting lots of good input and wanted to narrow it done to keep my head straight. Anyway it looks like I chose to use the example of Allen Nelson. It works like a charm! I have 1 Ack_PB and any alarm will sound horn and latch until ack'ed. If another alarm occurs the horn again is sounded. If any of the Alarms remains high it will do so even after being ack'ed, until it goes low again.
This has been a great experience and I thank you all for helping me through this code, you are truly very seasoned PLC programmers.
I will be back!
BTW what do you all do to see if there are any new posts, just check the site? Or do you all have an email sent to you when there is a new post?

Thanks again!

Ok I will throw mine in the heap....To eliminate the miles of code.......

My version of alarming......The first is an alarm trigger of which there are several. The second is the horn trigger and silencing circuit.

Ok now how do i post a pic.....

Last edited:
I use to put all my alarm bit in order in alram registers when I have an alarm I use to count the number of bits I have in ON. When I have more then "0" I count how meany I have in On and I start the horn.
Secound cycle I check if iI have any change on the number of bits and if I have I switch the horn again.
This aproach is good when you have maney alarm and make the handling very easy.
Omron have build in fun to help with that.