algorithm for measuring logs for cutting to length

bornwild

Hello all,

We have a log oven with aluminium logs of 6m . I am trying to understand the program . THe log oven cuts the log according to the set point of the operator but I am trying to understand, how it keeps track of the remaining logs and how to know if the length of remaining logs in smaller than a machine can handle. Can someone explain in simple terms?

Without knowing how the logs enter the oven etc. you have very little chance of getting an answer.
Examples:
Is this a "walking oven" i.e. are the logs walked in (seen this done before) how many logs in the oven at any one time.
Are the logs measured before the oven or in the oven.
What does the measuring.

Similar Topics

Hello, I need to implement sorting algorithm in STL. I was thinking about using Shell sort, but I don't know how to do this with such a low...
Replies
Views
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out with the type of algorithm Omron PLCs use? Ideal, Series, or Parallel? I'm running through a tuning...
Replies
Views
Have a new project and I'd like to get my simulation logic a bit more realistic, as such I'd like to add noise to the simulated analog feedback...
Replies
Views
I currently have a PLC based scale controlled packaging machine that fills large 1,000-2,000lb containers. Depending on the material's density...
Replies
Views
First a disclaimer, this is purely an exercise which I found to be interesting and decided to share my results. A while back there was a post on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom