Allen Bradley 1761-NET-ENI over the internet

The 1761-NET-ENI uses ordinary TCP/IP so you can connect to it over any connection that uses TCP/IP.... Ethernet, DSL, DOCSIS, PPP... and the Internet.

Do not connect the 1761-NET-ENI (or any other automation device, for that matter) directly to an Internet connection and give it an Internet address. Use a VPN circuit, whether via enterprise servers or a simple home router.

It uses TCP Port 44818.

I very strongly recommend against opening even this port to the Internet. A VPN is the only method that any commercial enterprise uses to connect to a remote site over the public Internet.

Similar Topics

I'd like to add a PLC-5/20 to our existing ethernet network, this seems like an economical solution. I'm only needing to view and modify ladder...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone advise me the proper procedure for establishing an internet RSlinx communication via ethernet-internet connected to CenturyTel...
Replies
Views
Hello There,I am trying to locate a Allen-Bradely manual. Please help. I tried searching for one,no luck.
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect to an AB SLC5/03 processor on an Ethernet network using Wonderware. The ABDASTCP server reads "connect() for [NET-ENIW IP...
Replies
Views
Dumb Question Alert, I've read up on the AB1761-NET-ENI ,I was hoping to use it to acess a DH485 network via ethernet but I don't think it will...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom