allen bradley - 2711p-rn3 DH485 COMM module problem

ee01034

hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup communication between a PV600 (with 2711p-rn3 DH485 COMM module) and a slc500 5/02 plc.

I'm using a direct cable to connect both nodes.

i'm using FTview studio and in the rslinx enterprise setup, in target tab i've added SERIAL-DH485 driver instead of DH485 and i've add a device "slc 500/02" at node 1, adding a shorcut to it.
The SLC channel 0 is configured as node 1 @19200bps and the driver at the rslinx enterprise is @ 19200bps too.

i'm usng the following syntax to access slc variables:
{::[shorcutname]N7:3}, for example.

Anyway, i've download the application to the PV600 and it apperas that the comm mudule does't respond. the comm leds on the pv and on the slc are both off.

The questions are:

1- the driver for 2711p-rn3 DH485 COMM module is the SERIAL-DH485 OR THE DH-485?

2 - IS the SYNTAX correct?

3 - do you see any other problems on my configs?

Thanks for any help.
best regards

filipe

I think that the "DH485" driver uses the 2711P-RN3 module, and the "SERIAL-DH485" driver uses the built-in serial port.

tnks.

Do you know if it's necessary to install any new firmware on PanelView 600 in order to make the 'DH-485 comm module' work?

How to connect PC and SLC500 simple

I have RSlogix 500, RSlinx Laptop-PC, SLC-500 05/03.., CAB5- cable. Is it possible to work around..

Also there is lot of "drivers" in RSLinx..
DF1/2 DH-485....

What is suitable driver for this simple situation?

I don't have any "extra- modules" for connection.
I want use RS-232 port of my laptop ( USB-R S-232 module, because there is no serial connection in laptops anymore..).
Is this possible..

I just want to learn also this system.

bytehane
Yes it is possible to connect to your SLC5/03's serial port.
The serial port on your SLC5/03 can be configured for DF1 protocol or DH485 protocol.
If the serial port is configured for DF1 then use the RS232 DF1 Devices driver. See procedure below ( PDF ). You will need a null modem cable to connect to it. Note: not all USB to RS232 devices work, some do some don't good luck there.
If the serial port on your SLC5/03 is configured for DH485 then your best solution is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

If you have the offline file of your SLC5/03 then open it and look at how the comm ports are configured. If you need help with that then post the file here and someone will take alook (zip it then post)

Not sure what a CAB5 cable is?

Last edited:
Simple

OK! that UIC is new thing to me.

So, maybe this is possible.

I have USB-RS- converter and it works with Simatic and sixnet.
That SLC-500 is some reversal module, but maybe good for training.

Thank you

baud, parity..

So, i try to make contact to that slc500.. I take battery off, i connect VBB to GND for 60 sec. To reset it totally. Maybe i have some problems in cable/ Converter.

did this configuration works i want to program slc 5/02 from factory talk me but RSlinx enterprise didn't show any device if i use serial DH-485 ,,,kindly help whats the driver i should select in RSLinx enterprise???