Allen Bradley 842D Encoder Replacement

yam

Hi Everyone,

I replaced encoder 842D-60131331BXA with a new same part number. Dip switches and Preset Push button are considered.
When I tested, it rotated in reverse direction. When I pressed CW from HMI, it rotated CCW and vise versa.
Then I put back the original encoder following the same procedure. It worked correctly.

How can I correct the rotation direction of my new encoder?

Please advise. Thank you.

The CW/CCW direction of those encoders is programmable over the DeviceNet network. You will need to use RSNetworx for DeviceNet, or a message instruction from the logic controller, to change that parameter and save it to nonvolatile memory.

What model of controller and DeviceNet interface module are you using ? Do you have RSNetworx for DeviceNet software ?

Hi Ken,

For controller, 1769-L33ER and for the DeviceNet, 1769-SDN.
I am not sure if I have RSNetworx software since I'm only starting on using Allen Bradley.
I need to check on this and learn as much as I can.
Do you have any procedure that can help me to solve this issue. I'm also checking it now.

Thank you.

Hi Ken,

For controller, 1769-L33ER and for the DeviceNet, 1769-SDN.
I am not sure if I have RSNetworx software since I'm only starting on using Allen Bradley.
I need to check on this and learn as much as I can.
Do you have any procedure that can help me to solve this issue. I'm also checking it now.

Thank you.
Hi,

Currently, I don't have RSNetworx for Devicenet software installed.

How will I know which version do I need to install correctly?

Thank you.