Allen Bradley Compact I/O Expansion Cable damaged

randomhero_87

We have an AB PLC that has a faulty expansion cable between Bank 1 and Bank 2. Part # 1769-CRR3. I found a small burn mark on the board. Being that this is communication only, should I look for a power issue elsewhere? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

20230314_125513161_iOS.jpg

It is difficult to see from that photo what may have caused it, but looking at it the burn seems to be on what could be possibly a power rail, notice the outer one with the burn is smaller than the inner one round the connector, it is more likely if this is a power rail then something close to it has touched it or perhaps water ingress or a foreign object like a cable clipping has made it's way into the system, have seen where during the panel build a small strand of cable must have been stuck either in the trunking or under a component & after a time worked loose & fall either in some electronics like the PLC or contactor etc.