Allen Bradley ControlLogix XT ControlNet Card Fault

mhaiderkhan

An issue occurred at an organization here in whereby the ControlNet card developed a fault.

Card Details:
Catalog/Series; 1756-CN2RXT B
Part No; PN-30150

The A & B lights on the card were solid green and the OK light was blinking green with a display showing OK. The card was showing Status: Running in RSLogix 5000.

However, all the the Flex I/Os connected to the card were showing faulted in RSLogix 5000.

Upon soft reset of the bridge card, the system began to work fine. However, significant damage had been done and critical I/Os were tripped.

Please advise on what could have happened and what can we do to prevent it from happening in the future.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, I am currently trying to communicate ControlLogix PLCs via EtherNet/IP with Delta V DCS. There is a VIM2 card configured for...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm having this issue with an Allen Bradley AC input card(1756-IA16I). I was looking into another issue and found that the inputs on the...
Replies
Views
PLC is ControlLogix 1756-L73 CPU with firmware 28 In the PLC the value for A60[110] is "AT", Style ASCII, Data Type INT. In KEPServerEX I tried...
Replies
Views
I have a DeltaV DCS system we are putting together and will pull data from a Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC. I am not sure how that communication...
Replies
Views
The site I am working with has a site-wide DeltaV SCADA system. I am working on a package that all falls under a single ControlLogix controller...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom