Allen Bradley DeviceNet Armor Blocks

turbo1968

Hello all, is it possible to reset a faulted armor block thru the plc? I know I can reset the devicenet card, and some devices thru the PLC, but I have not found anything about resetting the armor block using logic in the PLC. Thanks in advance.

Is it an ordinary ArmorBlock, or an ArmorBlock Guard safety I/O device ?

Do you know the sort of fault that the ArmorBlock is experiencing ? Is it a communication failure, or a diagnostic fault on the I/O side ?

Many communication failures require a power cycle, but diagnostic features are generally resettable via the Output data assembly or a CIP explicit message.

Is it an ordinary ArmorBlock, or an ArmorBlock Guard safety I/O device ?

Do you know the sort of fault that the ArmorBlock is experiencing ? Is it a communication failure, or a diagnostic fault on the I/O side ?

Many communication failures require a power cycle, but diagnostic features are generally resettable via the Output data assembly or a CIP explicit message.

Ordinary ArmorBlock -- Communication failure. We have been just power cycling to reset, just trying to find a better way.

Thanks for the logic Widelto, looking into this, know I will have to add the UDO's.