Allen Bradley Dial-Up Comms?

bluenoser337

I'm wondering if I can get a MicroLogix or Micro800 to communicate with another same CPU over a dedicated phone line, using dial-up modems? I've done this with RTUs meant for this purpose, but this is such a simple application that I'd like to reduce the cost and keep it as simple as possible. I'm only trying to read a single analog value from 5 miles away and display it on an HMI connected to the local PLC via RS-232. Any suggestions appreciated!!

I'd use Trio JR900 radios or a cheaper Digi Radio to communicate between the two sites. I prefer the Trio as i's set up is so simple it saves me time.

Kraken Fan #69

Similar Topics

Any one give solution for this fault. We are using AB Gaurd logix controller(5573s), resent days we are facing major fault in controller...
Replies
Views
Hi how's it going. Was just wondering if someone could help me out. Recently one of the guys over on the LinuxCNC forums put me onto getting an...
Replies
Views
Hello, Does anyone have one of these cables and willing to open the case so I can see the cable connections inside? 2707-NC5 I have sourced the...
Replies
Views
Currently trying to find: micrologix ethernet interface 1761-NET-ENI AIC to micrologix 761-CBL-AM00 Ser C cable These are used for micrologix...
Replies
Views
in allen bradley kinetix 300 drive first E31 error shows after resting drive E11 error occurs need solution to reset E11 fault code
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom