Allen Bradley Firmware flashing issues 1769-L24ER-BB1B

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a 1769-L24ER-BB1B and I am trying to flash it to 34xx, its flashing red and faulted, when I try to flash it I get a popup stating it needs to be reset because its not in the 'proper state' but I can go online because its has 1.005 loaded and its asking for the firmware before I can get on line... I have tried putting the switch to program and rebooting but still end up in the same spot

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

There is a sticker on the front that has 34 or newer and that is the latest version I have

I tried ControlFlash Plus and through Logix Designer and both give me the same error

Failed to begin update
The target device is not in the proper mode to accept an update
Manually Reset module

Careful flashing other versions, there was this thread recently, the user said it allowed them to flash an older version but it went sideways:

Yep thats why I tried flashing 35, the sticker said 34 or higher, what is the little button on a L24er? I think it maybe a factory reset but I can find any procedure, I saw a youtube on a 5069 that used it and reset but its not working on a l24 and I dont have the display

Just an update... I had a friend tell me how to do a manual reset on the CPU (cycle power while holding down the button)

Same issues, after it rebooted (no flash card) still will not take the flash, very strange

No, I picked the first one.... so I just opened up another box and this one is working perfect, not sure what happen

I THINK... after we built it we installed the flashcard with the wrong firmware, this one said 34 or higher, I think the firmware on the old flash was 28, I am going to build a new flashcard with 34 and try to see if it will take, if not I will have an expensive door stop.

Good news, after making the new flashcard, looks like it was able to flash the CPU and now looks like they are both working, anyone have the same issue making a new SD that has the correct FW and letting load from the SD saves it

Thanks for everyones help!