Allen-Bradley micro830PLC to kinetix3 driver

rhfland

Hi All
I am setting up (for the first time) an Allen-Bradly micro830 PLC controlling an Allen-Bradly TL-series Servo Motor through a Kinetix 3 drive.
I have the Drive configured with “ULTRAWARE SOFTWARE” . I now need to connect the PLC to the DRIVE. There is a 50 pin I/O female plug at the Drive (I have the cable ordered) and standard I/O block on the PLC. I also have the 2080-serialisolplug-in that I think is to be used to communicate with the Drive. I need to control the servo speed and direction through input to the PLC. Where do I start???????

OK,
Thanks very much.
I have this manual. I also have the Kinetix 3 User Manual.
I have looked at the i/o for both. A bit overwhelming. I would like to start by simply turning the servo on and off from the PLC. As simply as possible as a first step. I can turn the outputs of the PLC on and off. What inputs are needed for the Kinetix 3?