Allen Bradley ML 1000 Output test

ktmtragic

I have a customer who has a few Micrologic 1000 units with faulty outputs. I have always steered clear of AB gear as I have found it to be overpriced and no better than any of the other gear out there. No I DON'T want to start another "WHICH IS BEST" argument. Please could someone tell me is there a global command to turn all outputs on so I can test them and reassign the outputs?
Thanks

No global command, but forcing on each output individually is pretty easy. If you could write a program that holds all outputs on, if that saves you time.

Turning all the output on will only tell you they work.
when the outputs are connected to a load bigger than they can carry or the inrush current is to high is when the contacts start to weld.

in addition to that, relay contacts are only rated for a specific number of cycles (life) before they start to fail.

we have had to goto triac outputs in many of our machines due to the high cycle rate. We have also had to train our electricians about triac outputs.

WHEN we do have a bad contact, we program the output to always be unlatched and we add a comment to that output stating its bad and put in a date.

regards,
james

IIRC the MicroLogix 1000 lays out the I/O in 16 bit words even if you don't have that many physical I/O so if that is the case just do a move instruction and move 32,767 to the output word and they will all come on and moving a zero to that word will turn all of them off.

You could also go into the I/O table and toggle each bit to a 1 to turn it on but that is kind of a PITA IMHO but it depends on how many you have to test.