Allen-Bradley PLC5/250 Pyramid Integrator Software

MBrande315

I am looking to purchase or borrow an offline license for the Pyramid Integrator Controller. I have an online license but also need an offline license.

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a license for the software, it will be good for working online AND offline.

Many HMI licenses have two parts. The Online license only allows you to use a previously-written program to run and operate a system using the software. No programming changes can be made.

The Offline license allows programming changes. The old Allen Bradley RSView32 licenses (and the current RSView ME) are set up this way with two parts, the Run-time online license that allowed customers to use the software, and the Works offline license that allowed Developers to write the HMI program.

Last edited:
The old Icom A.I. Series of programming software for SLCs and PLC5s, had separate licensing for offline & online functionality. Online mode could do everything including editing. You just couldn't develop offline.

Huh, that's an interesting animal, a 5/250. I googled a bit and found this description:

The Rockwell / Allen-Bradley 5250-LP Logic Processor Module executes control logic. Input data can come from other Pyramid Integrator modules in the local chassis and from devices connected to the RM or KA via a DH or DH+ link.

You can have up to four LPs in one Pyramid Integrator chassis. Each LP executes its own ladder-logic program. The LP has memory for storing ladder-logic programs and data tables. The PLC-5/250 processor stores and executes compiled instruction code, which executes faster than interpreted code.
clear as mud?

We use AB6200 for PLC5/250. Its old dos based software. Good luck finding a copy though. What do you need to do with the PI? I may be able to print to PDF if you send me the files.

The PI was PLC5/250 was going to be a 'super PLC5' that could even have a microVAX computer plugged directly into the back pane. Unfortunately it didn't really take off.

I remember a PI used as a bridge between different DH+ networks and Ethernet. In addition to a microVAX, you could get vision modules for it also.

My memory that the software for the 5/250 was split for online and offline. Both for AI and 6200 series.

My memory that the software for the 5/250 was split for online and offline. Both for AI and 6200 series.

Fairly certain that wasn't the case for the 6200 software, but I won't be upset to be proved wrong, such a long, long time ago, and there would be no way of checking what licenses we had way back then.

Seems wrong to me, to have to buy 2 different licenses to be able to maintain an existing application (some changes can't me made "online"). Was it the case that the "offline" (i.e. development) license also allowed "online" edits ?

I know for a fact that was the licensing scheme for Icom software. I never liked the AB 6200 stuff.

After a bit of googling. For 6200 software, there were two versions of 6200 software for the 5/250 an online only package, and an online/offline package. (6201-PLC5 vs 6203-PLC5). There were versions for both DOS and VMS. The VMS version had only one version online/offline.

Last edited: