Allen Bradley Program Upload Question

pieces94

Hello All,

I am working of a research university and I was asked to set up an old system that was donated to the university. I had to replace a PanelView 1000 that was not shipped with the system and this forum was a great help, I’m looking for some help again.

The system has been sitting around for a while now. Long enough that the PLC battery has died resulting in the program being lost from memory. I was able to get the file (an ACD extension) so that I can download it back to the PLC, a Control Logix 5555. My question is what software do I need to download the program to the PLC? I will be downloading using an Ethernet connection into a 1756-ENBT module.

From the A-B website I downloaded and installed RSLinx Lite. I can connect to the PLC and see all the attached modules but I do not see any download options. Do I need anything/something else?

Thank you in advance,

[font='Calibri','sans-serif']Chris[/font]

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Do you know if there is a free version of the software that will allow me to upload/download?

Chris

No, there is no free version of RSLogix 5000. If it's something that you're doing for class, you might check with your local Allen-Bradley rep. They should be able to help you or point you to someone that could.

You should consult with your local AB rep.

BTW: ControlLogix 5555 does memory not have a very long life on battery. AB recommends to replace the battery with a BATM.

No, it won't.
If you're in a bind, contact your local AB guy.
If you're in school, the local AB guy can be VERY helpful.
If you're not in school, the local AB can be VERY helpful.