Uploading Program from allen bradley plc with RSLOGIX500

pro_tech204

So i have an allen bradley rack (2080-LC50-24QWB), i have it connected through ethernet.

I dont have an offline program so im trying to upload the program from it.

On RSLINX i see the controller, uploaded the EDS file as well and on BOOTP i set the ip address for that MAC ID based on the IP i see in RSLINX. I could ping the controller and its fine and its not X'd out in RSLINX.

Now in RSLOGIX500 i got to Communications>System Comms and i see my controller when i hit upload i get this error "DiagnosticStatus Failed: 0x10"

I would also like to add that I turned off the controller yesterday and turned it back on today and it has a different IP now which is wierd.

Last edited:
you will need CCW (connected Components Workbench) it is a free download from Rockwell, it is probably easier to do a google search to find the direct link to download it as it will be easier than trying to find it on the Rockwell website.

thanks guys,

I shouldve added that reason why im trying to connect to this rack is because i got another rack in the field its a Compact Logix L32E and i have the same issue so i thought might be a laptop issue with the ethernet driver but i get the same error in the field.

For Micro 850 Controllers you need CCW: https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/details.2080-LC50-24QWB.html

For Compactlogix you need to identify the firmware version, and install that level of Studio5k,RSLogix5k to go online.

I would also like to add that I turned off the controller yesterday and turned it back on today and it has a different IP now which is wierd.
Once you enable BootP and assign the address - Disable BootP. Otherwise it doesn't retain the IP on cold boot.

Just as a quick summary of what software goes with what controller

PLC-5 controllers
RSLogix 5

SLC 500 including MicroLogix
RSLogix 500 or RSLogix Micro (only for MicroLogix 1000 & 1100)

Micro 8xx family
CCW (Connected Component Workbench)

ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix, and DriveLogix
RSLogix 5000 for firmware versions 20 and lower
Studio 5000 for firmware versions 21 and higher

The CompactLogix L32E that you mentioned is only supported up through version 20 so that would require RSLogix 5000 instead of Studio 5000. Note too that Studio 5000 is the new name for RSLogix 5000. It is not an all new software program. They just changed the name.

OG