Allen Bradley question

Mayfield

Hello everyone

I don't do any AB programing only Omron but have a customer with a scrubber that has an AB Micrologix 1100 with a Panelview plus 400 hmi, do you need a license to program these and if so whats the name of the software. I've sent of some emails to AB but haven't received any info

An 1100 can be programmed with RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, which is a free download (unless you need higher than version 8.3, in which case you will have to purchase the full RSLogix Micro). See this technote for how to download it.

The software to upload/download off a Panelview Plus is free, but to modify the program will require FactoryTalk View Studio which is a paid license. Note that depending on the firmware version there may be issues restoring the runtime file to make changes.

Thanks plvlce I don't think I need any particular version as all I want to do is see why output 0:4 is no longer turning on and in regards to the HMI I'm in the process of ordering a replacement as the customer unfortunately hasn't been treating it well and I want to replace it or at least backup the program before if fails completely.

What software can I use for the Panelview?

Would it be this one?
Panelview-software.png

If all you want is to copy the program off as a backup (and potentially load onto a replacement), you should just need the ME Transfer Utility, which is available free as a stand-alone download.

This is described in this technote, which for whatever absurd reason is paywalled behind TechConnect. It provides direct download links, but in case you don't have TechConnect, go to the Product Compatibility & Download Center and search for FactoryTalk View ME Transfer Utility.

EDIT:The 'Panelview Plus Compact 400/600' shown in your picture will get you firmware. Studio 5000 View Designer is for Panelview 5000, which is something else entirely. The programming software is as joseph_e2 described, and will include the ME Transfer Utility.

Last edited:
Thanks plvlce I don't think I need any particular version as all I want to do is see why output 0:4 is no longer turning on and in regards to the HMI I'm in the process of ordering a replacement as the customer unfortunately hasn't been treating it well and I want to replace it or at least backup the program before if fails completely.

What software can I use for the Panelview?

Both the Micrologix 1100 and the Panelview Plus are obsolete, so the only replacements you can get will be used or surplus. The replacement for both would be the Micro800 and Panelview Compact. They are both programmed with Free software called Connected Components Workbench. If you have to replace either device, it will likely cost less to rip and replace them with current products.

Note: the above reference for the Panelview 400 Compact is NOT the same as the Panelview Plus 400.