Allen bradley ultra 3000 digital servo drive

kwjamme

Fault E10 displayed, book says excessive regeneration of power. dont think thats the problem. any other ideas? motor drives a right angle gearbox with output to a shaft and chain driven.

Have you tried all of the remedies listed in the manual? Has this error suddenly appeared after months of acceptable operation or are you just starting it up for the first time?
E10 is bus overvoltage. It is generated when you try to decelerate the load too fast. To be able to decelerate a large load rapidly, you may have a braking resistor installed. The suggestions in the manual are related to checking those aspects of the operation of the drive.

Thanks and you are correct, a downstream roller had bad bushings and was causing the roller that was driven by the 3000 drive to have jerky operation.