Allen-Bradley/Wonderware - cannot support any more connections

ryangriggs

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone! My first post, so any advice appreciated!

I am working with a setup involving about 6 AB CompactLogix 5000 PLCs and 5 Wonderware HMI workstations. This setup has been in place for at least 7 years working properly.

Each workstation uses Wonderware DAServer to connect to the PLCs and poll tags.

Yesterday, one workstation stopped receiving tag data from one PLC. The DAServer log continually reports the following error:

"Encountered following errors while establishing connection for New_PORT_CIP_000.HSPS.Backplane... ExtSTS=011A: Target Application cannot support any more connections".

The PLC in question, "HSPS", reports that CPU utilization is about 30%, and total TCP connections are at about 7 to 9. Max connections = 64. It is still communicating with all the other workstations with no problems.

I have already rebooted the workstation, no success.

I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions for this error. Does it sound like a WW or PLC problem?

Thanks!