allen bradly 1734 aent showing point i-o led red

naag_slet

Hello,
This is Naag from bangalore-india.

Here i have attached only one IB-8 module to the 1734 AENT and configured the i-o in RSlogix5000 (IP OF L32E is 192.168.1.100 and IP of 1734 AENT is 192.168.1.101 thumb wheel selection is 101)and downloaded the application.
Problem observation: for every power supply ON to the plc panel upto 10-15 minute everything is working fine and after some time point i-o status LED on 1734 AENT and network status on IB-8 module are getting blink with RED.
So that i-o LED on the L32E is also getting blink.
checked several time by switching OFF/ON the PLC panel found same outcome.
I have connected one stright Ethernet cable from L32E,one stright cable from 1734AENT and one stright cable from my laptop to Ethernet Dlink switch.checked by changing the ethernet cable but same outcome.
For every 10-15 minutes from power ON to PLC it is showing red LED on its Point i-o status.

Thaks in advance.
Naag.

Last edited:
I have never come across this problem before.

Go to the IB-8 configuration dialog in the I/O Configuration and check the status mesaage on the "Connection" tab, what does it say?

Are these the only devices connected to the switch ?

What is the IP Address of the laptop ?

my laptop ip is 192.168.1.105.
in connection tab for intial 10-15 minutes it willshows running.
and after when fualt israises it will shows requested time outand error code is 16#0204.
discussed with RA automaton still no outcome...
please give me your mail id so that i have some vedio on related to send you.
thanks in advance.

Do not assume that this is a network problem.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with the 1734-IB8 losing its connection on the POINTBus backplane, not necessarily with the 1734-AENT losing its connection on the EtherNet/IP network. Both might be occurring, or one might precede the other, but you have not given enough details to be sure.

Is the 1734-IB8 configured as a Rack Optimized connection, or as a direct Module connection ? What are the RPI values for these connections ?

How many other connections is the 1769-L32E controller running on EtherNet/IP ?

What firmware revision are you running in the CompactLogix ? In the 1734-AENT ? In the 1734-IB8 ?

How do you recover the failure; does it recover by itself, or do you unplug/replug the 1734-IB8 ? Do you power cycle the 1734-AENT ?

The more details you post, the better members of the Forum can offer advice. It helps a great deal to post in clear English with complete sentences and careful grammar.

The 1734-IB8 configured as a Rack Optimized connection and RPI is checked with 80ms and 200ms and 500ms also same observation.1769L32E is having only one node and that is 1734AENT with with 1734 IB-8.
COMPACT LOGIX REVISION IS 17.2
1734 AENT REVISION IS 3.1
1734 IB-8 REVISION IS 3.1
BY POWER RECYCLING TO 1734 AENT FAILURE IS GETTING RECOVERED.

I have tried with changing backplane as well spare IB-8 module with 1734 AENT but still same observation.

Last edited:
The 1734-IB8 configured as a Rack Optimized connection and RPI is checked with 80ms and 200ms and 500ms also same observation.1769L32E is having only one node and that is 1734AENT with with 1734 IB-8.
COMPACT LOGIX REVISION IS 17.2
1734 AENT REVISION IS 3.1
1734 IB-8 REVISION IS 3.1
BY POWER RECYCLING TO 1734 AENT FAILURE IS GETTING RECOVERED.

I have tried with changing backplane as well spare IB-8 module with 1734 AENT but still same observation.

problem fixed by replacing the 1734 AENT module with new one.

Many thanks to all of u...