Allen-Bradly Reference Numbers?

Technical Management ?

The A-B controllers with which you are likely familiar (PLC-5 and SLC-500) use a register scheme in which each data type is represented by a letter, and all data addresses includes a data file number, a data element number and subelement number.

Got it ? File, Element, Subelement.

The first eight files in an A-B controller are predefined:

O0 Output
I1 Input
S2 Status
B3 Boolean
T4 Timers
C5 Counters
R6 Control Registers
N7 Integers
F8 Floating-Point

The syntax for most addressing is:

Type FileNumber : Element / Subelement

Thus a particular integer might be addressed as "N7:10" for Element 10 of File 7.

Subelements of predefined complex datatypes like Counters and Timers have mnemonic shortcut addresses you can use. The "Done" bit for Timer T4:5 is addressed "T4:5.DN", instead of actually specifying the offset bit inside the timer structure.

It's best not to boast about your skills while you are committing a major faux pas, kid. The above is for A-B controllers, as you stated, not for GE controllers, as you went on to ask about.

I use the A-B "Instruction Set Reference" manuals for the PLC-5 and SLC-500 controllers every day. They include detailed explanations of all the datatypes used in those controllers.