ALMA in LOGIX5000

jcperdue

I'm trying to use the ALMA instruction in logix5000. The manual is very vague. It took the tag I want to monitor and it took the tag for my progenable, but when I double click on the LLimit and the lllimit, they turn blue, but won't let me put values in. I don't need to latch or acknowledge the alarms. I just need to see them. I am editing offline. Why won't it let me put values in for the alarms?

Just a guess, after looking at the help file. The limit values can't be tags. are you trying to enter that?

Are any of the items still question marks? If so it means you haven't created the tage for the instruction itself. Type a name at the question mark just after the 'ALMA'. if this is a new tag then right click on the tag you created and choose 'New' + yourtagname at the top. If the options are fine press 'OK'. The question marks for the limits change to '0.0'. You can enter the values for them then.

Last edited:
Silly question but did you create the ALMA tag? On the first line of the instruction is the ALMA tag.Once you name the alarm you need to create the tag then you will be allowed to input values.