Almost There Bar Code Reading.

bobwithdana

I have a Keyence BL-1371 Laser barcode reader connected to a Keyence RS232 N-R2 Interface with my Flex-logic PLC Rev 13

Here is whats going on.

I can plug the serial cable into my laptop and with Hyperterminal, send the 'LON' laser on command and the 'LOF' and the bar cade reader will fire and display the barcode.

I can plug the serial cable to the Flex-Logic PLC and send the same 'LON' command and the laser does not come on. Thing is that if I press the test switch on the reader it triggers and the Flex-Logic recieves the code. Its just the trigger from the flexlogic that does not work.

I have tried many things. If I connect the Flex-logic to the PLC it sends the 'LON' command to Hyperterminal. I changed the flow control from off to 'xon' and 'xoff. I changed the command from 'LON' to one character 'N; and nothing seems to work.

I can hardwire the trigger to an 24vdc output but I dont think this should be necessary.

There is some difference in the way Hyperterminal is sending the 'LON' command compared to the Flex-logic PLC.

Thanks for any Ideas?

Bob