Am I On The Right Track?

Leon

This is my first attempt to use a RTC in a 1500. I attached an example to run an output on the 5th day of the week in months 1-5 at 9:35M until 9:45 AM for just 5 days a week. I would use some other function in place of B3:30/1. It seemed to verify OK with no errors. I had to start somewhere to avoid asking someone to give me all the answers. I can't test it here because my son has my Laptop and cables.

Thanks guys,

Leon

Use an EQU to 5 for your day and not a LIM and then I am a bit lost on the 5 days a week portion at the end.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Bob O

The Limit is selecting which days as day 1 is Sunday and day 7 would be Saturday, so I used low limit of 2 (Monday) and high limit of 5 Friday to do this Monday thru Friday and skip Sat. - Sun. Similar to what I did for the months, Jan. thru May only.

Thanks, Leon

LEQ RT6:0.MON 5 EQU RT6:0.DAY 5 EQU RT6:0.HR 9 LIM 35 RT6:0 45 OTE B3:30/0 would be simpler.

You lost me on the last rung - B3:30/1 will never come on, not sure what you are trying to do with it.

Leon said:
Bob O

The Limit is selecting which days as day 1 is Sunday and day 7 would be Saturday, so I used low limit of 2 (Monday) and high limit of 5 Friday to do this Monday thru Friday and skip Sat. - Sun. Similar to what I did for the months, Jan. thru May only.

Thanks, Leon

OK, that makes more sense, this is what threw us:
example to run an output on the 5th day of the week

Bernie, I did not insert the 10 but it just happened to be the minute I set the RTC to and the diff between 35-45. Are you meaning Source B in Equal should be 9 as per the hour to run in?

Thanks

It would be cleaner and easier to read (IMO) to put the limits on a single rung and control your B3:30/1 coil there. I would also use an INT file for your limits instead of hard coding them. That way you can easily change your values without having to edit the rungs.

Also, your last rung is wrong. Your output will only ever turn on when the hour and minute match. Basically, this will only happen for a single minute.

I think you got the hang of it though...