An undergraduate stud..

bimboi

im an ece student,im new to plc..i would like to know about its possible applications,controls and programs because i want to use plc for my undergraduate study.Can anyone enlighten me please..id be so glad if anyone would give me enough info about plc...thanks in advance...:)

Hi bimboi,
Most of its application is in industrial process control. Power plant, Building, home & farm also uses plc. You can find enough information about plc if you continue navigate on this site.

Regards,
Edwin

The first step is to go through the tutorial on this site. You can make PLC automate almost any machine or process you can imagine.

PLC's are normally used for implementing functions such as logic, sequencing, timing, arithmetic and data manipulation to control machines or process. If you are familiar with digital circuits (logic gates, 74XX series IC's that you probably breadboarded during your school laboratory)then you have at least an idea of what it can basically do.