Analog programming in Direcstsoft 6 / DL06

Rsflipflop256

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, Mostly AB guy here with a little Koyo experience, but all of its digital.

I get handed three analog I/O cards and asked to prove that they work on my little DL06 Testbench ive setup, and found the analog helper Iboxes to do the pointer stuff, and know how to "Load/out"

and ive poked a bit with the scaling to get 4-20 to 1-100, but im still relatively lost. Can anyone point out resources or references with mapping, scaling, inning and outting analog information on DL06s expansion modules?

Thanks much in advance bretheren.🍻

What always trips me up is when to use octal, when to use BCD and when to use ordinary twos complement binary decimal.

I believe the Iboxes give you options to select the data format to match your needs.

All they really do is consolidate the code that is otherwise more like graphical assembly, poking the right values into the right system registers and doing all the scaling math in one block rather than twelve of them.

Host Engineering has a forum as does Automation Direct where there are experts on these systems that can probably be the most helpful to you.

https://forum.hosteng.com/

https://community.automationdirect.com/s/

Their manuals have good examples how to do this. It's stupid how complicated it is.

First thing you do is set the jumpers on the card, indicating how many channels are active. You need to know how the card works in order to program it: it cycles through the active channels, writing status and data word for the current channel to the address assigned to the card. You have to figure out that address which is based on the slot the card occupies -- now that I'm thinking of it, there may be a pointer involved, it's been a while.

Your program then, checks the status bits indicating which channel is active, then scale the data word and write it to a memory location of your choice.

From this you should understand you only get one channel per cycle -- which I do not believe corresponds to the ladder scan rate. There is a method to read all channels at once, but it increases your scan time dramatically.

Is it slot 0-3 like rockwell or 1-4?

Right now I have all 4 occupied, 1st is a 4 ch anlaog in 4-20 for a different project, second is the 0-10V analog in and third is the analog combo, also 0-10V, lastly the H-ECOM ethernet that im using to program it.

Is it slot 0-3 like rockwell or 1-4?

Right now I have all 4 occupied, 1st is a 4 ch anlaog in 4-20 for a different project, second is the 0-10V analog in and third is the analog combo, also 0-10V, lastly the H-ECOM ethernet that im using to program it.

Sorry I don't recall. I know that if an input module is first, it gets X0-X15 as its input word -- BUT, it matters the module type!! Analog modules get two input words, so X0-X31.

This affects the memory location of the 2nd module, and so on. The first output module gets Y0-, etc., it may also get input word(s). You really have to look at the manuals, which again, are really good.