Analog signal conditioning (1 AOUT to multiple loads)

wtzll

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if this is possible.

Say I have one analog output with the following specs:
Output range = 4 to 20 mA
Absolute output load resistance = 500 Ohm or less

One load (it is an analog signal 0-10V on a drive card to control the speed based on supplied voltage) with the following specs:
Input range = 0 to 10V
Input current 1mA at 10V

I essentially need to run 10 loads from one analog output. I know a common way to do that is to use a signal conditioners. Question is will i run into trouble running 10 of these drive cards through a signal conditioner.

I used MCR-FL-C-UI-2UI-DCI before to run 1 load per channel, but that was it.

Conditioner specs:
Maximum output signal per channel = 35 mA or 15 V
Load per channel = ≥10 kOhm at V output

From my calculations 10 loads (in parallel, because voltage drop...) are equal to 1k Ohms load resistance which is not quite 10kOhms required.. Unless I add 9kOhms in series to the load, but will this work?

Thoughts?

post your diagram sketch

Here you go.

Keep in mind each drive card is getting its own power (24V). I didn't bother to draw that in.

2DHT98s.png

MCR-FL-C-UI-2UI-DCI base on datasheet are Signal Multiplier

IMO probably it will not work and if it's work it will damage you isolator,

so far i not saw this type of method the max load i know only 2 unit 4-20 MA in series.

i will prefer use small PLC with CPU and analog IO module slot.

others issue how you control the speed with diff diameter/gearbox if exist

Contact Phoenix Contact or Action Instruments. They have little isolators that have 1 input w/multiple outputs. They are configurable for 4-20mA, 0-10VDC, etc.

With a voltage signal this should work, since devices in parallel all see the same voltage. You need to figure the total impedance in each circuit to make sure that you have a load greater than the minimum allowed by the transmitters.

The max output load for the PLC 4-20 mA signal only applies to the total resistance of the signal conditioner. What happens on the output side of it is isolated from the PLC.

You can use the current output if it can run from 0 to 20 mA
This way you convert it from 4 to 0 out.
input is 10 volts, so if you put them all parrallel 10 mA is flowing to the loads, so another 10 mA on 10 Volts need to go to a resistor of 10000 ohms.
If it is possible to set the loads to 2-10 Volt no converter is needed.