juddge

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi guys, i need 2 diffirent brands to report to each other

the first is a AB Micro850 with 2080-OF2 for 4-20Ma output
the second is Clickplc input 4-20Ma

the old AB needs to report its levels to the new ClickPLC
due to distance 4-20ma is the best option as its only 1 level sensor reading

now wiring for the AB is common and C0 Terminal

does the AB output its own Power source from the AB PLC or do i still need to get 24V dc to the terminals ?
and which would be which ?
i have tried 24V dc to Common - and out from C0 to the new PLC - but that shorts the 24Vdc Power supply

the Recieving PLC is 0V Common and 24V dc + in from the transmitting 4-20ma device

how do i wire the outputs from the AB to the new PLC

does the AB output its own Power source from the AB PLC or do i still need to get 24V dc to the terminals ?
and which would be which ?

when in doubt, I usually take a multimeter and measure if the input channel is giving out voltage. Have you tried that on both ends? Rockwell's manuals tend to be really good at wiring examples for what their IO can do.

Page 10 of this manual has the two possibilities. The question is what is the other PLC expecting.

https://www.routeco.com/en-gb/resou...481AAC0649562C0A9BA?desc=User Manual_2080-OF2

Also, because of the distance, the question is somewhat moot. I'd put in a galvanic isolator in the middle just to ensure I don't get reference issues.

Thanks for the replies
appears the AB has its voltage already, and the Click needs the voltage seperate .

so i may need an isoalter in between them

any recomendations for devices to use as in isoalter between the two ?

I have a customer with an electroplating line that uses 90 signal conditioners, and they shopped around a lot for the most economical as they seemed to be replacing at least 1 every week.

They introduced me to PR Electronics that they started using for this and all other signal conditioner needs. Their universal transmitter takes mA, VDC, thermocouples, RTD's, potentiometer's and more inputs and has programmable outputs with programmable ranges.

They are very competitive priced and I use them.

You mentioned that the 4-20mA is better due to the distance between the PLCs. Are they (or can they be) on the same network? I bet Automation Direct would help you set up a messaging scheme between them so you could get the data across without analog signals at all.

I have a customer with an electroplating line that uses 90 signal conditioners, and they shopped around a lot for the most economical as they seemed to be replacing at least 1 every week.

They introduced me to PR Electronics that they started using for this and all other signal conditioner needs. Their universal transmitter takes mA, VDC, thermocouples, RTD's, potentiometer's and more inputs and has programmable outputs with programmable ranges.

They are very competitive priced and I use them.

Agreed, I've used PR electronics numerous times, all work exceptionally.

Quite handy as a lot of them can be gotten with a basic digital output screen, that shows the raw values being received/output. Helps with troubleshooting.

Agreed, I've used PR electronics numerous times, all work exceptionally.

Quite handy as a lot of them can be gotten with a basic digital output screen, that shows the raw values being received/output. Helps with troubleshooting.

I would also recommend Acromag isolators without hesitation. Not sure how available they are in Australia, but I find them very easy to configure and haven't had one fail on me yet.