Anyone have exp w/ Eaton/C-H PLC's?

Charles1

Hi,

I was wondering how popular the Eaton/Cutler-Hammer ELC is. Does anyone have any experience with this product line? Does any one use these? Any comments on the software, capabilities, or features? Let me know.

Thanks,
CF

We've done a few machines using Eaton ELC controllers (PB's and one PA) now and have been pretty impressed with their capabilities. Software can be a bit quirky, though. We've used 5 of the PB's on small assembly presses along with Eaton 4" HMi's. The one PA we used is on a dual station assembly machine. The interface is a Visual Studio 2005 C++ program talking directly (no additional software needed) to the ELC via RS232. So far it is working nicely. Communications are very easy with this controller. Software is free, which is nice.

Let me know if you are still looking for information.

Hi Adam13 I am a new member just joined today saw your post form May 21 I am looking for sone help in programing the analog out put from a PA Model # ELC-PA10AADR useing the TO instruction how would you address this in the logic any suggestions would be helpful.

I have been told that these plcs and HMIs are manufactured for Cutler Hammer by Delta Electronics and that the programming software for both are identical to Delta's .I do have experience with Delta so if anyone needs help with the Eatons just say the word.

JFav, sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't used the TO instruction, and I've only used the built-in analog inputs on the PA. If you're using the built in analog outputs on the PA, you can simply use a MOV command to move a scaled output value to D1116 for CH0 or D1117 for CH1. If you need help with an expansion analog card, you may want to call Eaton customer support at 877 ETN CARE (877 386 2273). They have been helpful when I've called.