Ardiuno with PLC

l think you will find 1 or 100 sensors isn't really going to make a difference to the coding, oh sorry l forgot, you haven't even looked at Ardunio coding because you have 6 months and a forum to do it for you.
I take it you have had the opportunity now to Google and increased your knowledge and maybe people are tricking you about Ardunio shields,maybe (as you can make them yourselves).
I reckon you have a busy 6 months, wearing out the internet.

Whatever solution you decide on will require you to make an application for the phone, maybe two - Android and ios (iphone).

To control an Arduino you get applications on google market, you just have to download it and pair your device with the BT shield and then you can customise the software according to your requirement.

l think you will find 1 or 100 sensors isn't really going to make a difference to the coding, oh sorry l forgot, you haven't even looked at Ardunio coding because you have 6 months and a forum to do it for you.
I take it you have had the opportunity now to Google and increased your knowledge and maybe people are tricking you about Ardunio shields,maybe (as you can make them yourselves).
I reckon you have a busy 6 months, wearing out the internet.

Haha.. I appreciate the trolls mate.

You're more of a Dickman, yes that fits alright.

If it were me....

I would use a plc or hmi with an imbedded web server, and serve up a page they could use as an hmi on the phone or tablet over wifi.
Hey Gene!

An HMI is a very good option, but usually requires a Wi-Fi connection plus the cost to install an HMI. It is a very good option if the clients are willing to pay for it !

You could connect a Raspberry Pi to the internet and have them scan a QR code to access it's web page. Make sure you show in your failure mode and effects analysis how internet hackers would break it. This method would mean you don't need an app.

Hey, well done on thinking of non-traditional methods. If your risk analysis can show that it is ok to use the cheaper technologies, then you are creating more value than "You have to use technology X". The reliance on "you must use technology X" is holding back our entire industry. Maybe Arduino and Pi are not the answer, but always keep striving for betterment of yourself, your company, your industry and the world.

Yes i trust a 10 $ board the same, as a PLC, as in the PLC is the same processor used,
and yes having more sensors, will need changes, or in PLC or in Arduino.

BTW they do exist industrial Arduino sets, industrial shields.

Nobody has yet suggested this, and I'm not too familiar with Omron, but what about some kind of HMI with a webserver so that you can send your commands to the PLC over ethernet/wifi.

If that was the case you could simply log into the HMI connected to the Omron controller and control the device.

Another way is to have a computer equipped with a webserver that pipes the data via php to a python script to send the commands to the PLC over a comms network, then you could get away with hard wiring in the VFD (which is pretty simple) and save yourself some time. I did this once with a nerd kit and a LAMP server over wifi with a phone to control an RC car.

Another option would be using something like Schneider Electric's OTB's or optimized terminal block. It is an IO interface that links up to a computer (our systems that have them use a rs485 to usb adapter from automation direct) and it is recognized as a com port on the computer. Then you can do all your coding on a small industrial computer with embedded windows and save yourself the trouble of using a more expensive PLC.

The options with this are endless, but from a customer standpoint you want to try and use hardware that is available and easily setup/configured.

It really depends on what platform you would like to do this on.