ARggg...OMRON Help needed :(

tvipond

He Y'all. I'm a semi experienced PLC programmer, but have no experience with OMRON. I have a CS1 Series PLC with a bunch of IO, ENET and an NC413 motion control card. This system was implemented on a machine I had purchased but then scrapped. I am re-using all the gear on it to build something new. I had to clear the memory because it was password protected and I could care less about the program in the PLC. I managed to get things up and going and was able to do some basic movements with the servo axis(s). After a few times of trials and tribulations of new programs I was using to learn the memory allocations and such that are unique to the OMRON, I think I have screwed something up. (At least I admit it was me :) ) All my issues are related to the motion, nothing else.

I have a small program that when an input is received, an relative movement of 5000 pulses should occur. When this input is triggered, nothing happens and the motor doesn't move. I tried screwing with the amp offset voltage to create some creep on the motor, after this when I trigger my input, the PLC waits for a period of time and then the Axis LED goes out indicating that the motion is complete. I change my relative distance by a factor of 5 and the time is 5 times longer than the previous. This indicates to me that it is indeed recognizing the encoder pulses. I think there is something wrong with either my speed or accel parameters but have checked and doubled checked them till I am blue in the face.

Operating Memory is 2000
Operating Data Area Starts at D500
Common Parameter area m starts at D20000

so to initiate relative movement this is what I am trying:

1. Load Values #0013 and #5000 into D507 and D506 (position)
2. Load value #5500 into D508 (speed)
3. Load value #0000 into D510 (decel)
4. Set Bit 2000.04 to initiate Relative movement

Immediately the LED for Axis X illuminates but motor don't move.

I am almost positive it is either a misunderstanding of the memory locations or else i have screwed up one of my parameters in the IO table and it is no longer using the memory lcoations I assumed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I could send the CXProgrammer file for anyone interested.
:(
Terry

Welcome to the forum.
Looks like you are doing well for a new Omron user.

What "machine #" is selected on the front of the NC413?

Is the NC413 model CS1W-NC413, or C200HW-NC413?

Do you have the manual?

NC213.jpg

The Machine No. is "0" and the NC card is a C200HW-NC413.
Yes I have the manual, as well as the Appendix F that I came accross which specifies the Operating Memory area n, and Common parameter area m when using this NC card with a CS1 PC.