ASI interface

Taco

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a question regarding ASI: We have a S7-313C PLC with a 343-2 ASI master. I use the following code to read te ASI I/O:

L PID 256 (the adress of the first module in the hardware-configuration)
T DB100.DBD0 (put in DataBlock 100 DWord 0)

This should work? Or not?
The PLC gives a SF-failure while the ASI-master does not! What am I doing wrong?

Hope anyone can help me.

Greetz,

Taco

P.S. I hope you can read my english, it's not my native language.

Hi
Your code is fine. This would work. Can you check the module properties? Have you created/downloaded DB100? Is this line definitely causing the error?

pp

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The CP343-2 is located in rack 0 slot 4.
The PDF-document I already have read, and on page 40 is exacly the code I use. And DB100 is downloaded to the PLC.

I'll see tomorrow if I can access the CP343-2 (I have to go now).

Thanks again for now.

Taco

Hi,

I did run the diagnostic on the CP343-2 master, and I got an error:
"Faulty module (diagnostic interrupt detected)"
The firmware of the master is "V 2.0.3" but in the hardware cataloge of my PG (Step 7 V 5.3) I have only one CP343-2 module with no firmware version al all!
Could this be the problem?

Thanks,

Taco

Taco,
there is a lot more text in that diagnostic buffer message.
Post all of it and we can give you better help.

edit: The last version of the CP343-2 modules (6GK7 343-2AH10-0XA0) allows you to upload the ASi configuration. Is it that one ?. Have you tried that ?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you for your help. It really was a faulty module. New module in the rack, press the set button, and ready it was!

By the way Jesper, it was not the new type of module. But it is working now.

Thanks again.

Taco