Automate 40

danny.michael

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have a PDF of the instruction set reference manual for an Automate 40 processor, or know of a link where I can download one?

Wasn't that a form of remote I/O? I think we may need more information about what processor is controlling it. I think we used it with Reliance Automax controllers at a previous job.

EDIT: Here's some limited info:

http://www.dodge-reliance.com/pdf/catalog/custom_classic/automate.pdf

It's not a line of Reliance PLC I am familiar with. I think ours were 76xx series beefy like the PLC-5 type construction but super fast and multiligual/multitasking like controllogix.

I bet we can find a manual at Rockwell still.

http://literature.rockwellautomatio...tle&SortOrder=Asc&passedLangVal=EN - English#

Last edited:
Thanks Okie. It's an Automate 40 control processor, 45C-410A. I have three rather large systems to convert to ControlLogix and all I have is a printout of the programs. Doesn't look too complicated but there are several functions that I'll need some in-depth descriptions of in order to correctly cover them in Logix.

I found the Reliance document you reference while searching last night and it lists the manual "AutoMate 30/40 Programming Reference Manual" as publication number J-3150. So far I haven't found that one on Rockwell's site but I haven't looked through the entire Legacy search you provided.

Call them. Or use the online chat service. I have had them scan and send me manuals for obscure items like this that were unavailable online. Being a big Tech-connect customer helps here.

I don't think AB ever retained this part of Reliance. I was on the same search about a year ago. Same situation, customer has a faded printout and that is it. I think they have some 5-1/4 floppys that may or may not be for the program. I doubt even if it was on there that they would still read.

If you do find more info please report back as I can definitely use it myself.

Got a scanned copy of the manual from Rockwell support. Anyone who needs a copy can send me their email address via PM.