Automating rslogix 5000

david90

Since rslogix 5000 does not have vba, is there a better way to automate programming tasks than using vba to generate an L5X file?

RSLogix 5000 doesn't have anything tools to automate the process so your only option is to import L5X and .csv files Granted you can build library's of code using AOI's or just exporting Program, Routines and Logic rungs but it's really not automated.

I don't see a need for VBA in RSLogix 5000.

My most powerful tool is Excel and VBA. It automates the tedious tasks of most projects, but process' always are different so there is the need to take care of that manually. Plus Excel can generate code files for all my needs beyond the PLC, SCACA, SQL, Kewpware...etc.

Excel is the only thing I can recommend.

Similar Topics

As a newcomer to RSLogix, I keep reading about (and am quite interested in) how companies automate tagname creation and have libraries of...
Replies
Views
There is a very old manually operating hydraulic forming press in our production. At the moment it's out of operation due to some issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've got to a stage where I am able to draw a ladder circuit involving relays which will send a horizontal gantry on rails to the right end...
Replies
Views
Question for you guys who work for yourselves or for companies as programmers: What is the process by which your customers convey to you the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a quick advice. To all you guys that have automated a machine, what are the steps that you follow to developed your project? Do...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom