Automation Direct EA7 HMI upload comms

f16bmathis

I've got a Automaton Direct EA7-T6CL+13812B141 HMI and am using C-more programming V 2.78.

I've tried using a usb cable, Ethernet crossover cable and cannot get it to show read from panel, (it does show Make New Project, and Read From Disk) when selecting read from panel under the file menu.

The manual shows three ways to connect, Ethernet normal cable with a switch or hub, a cross over cable straight in, or a USB to the square USB port on the panel. I've tried all except the switch method. I can give that a try tomorrow.

I even went and found the IP address, and changed it to match my home IP (192.168.1.XXX) and was able to see the panel by typing in that IP in explorer.

Any ideas why it won't find it in C-more?

Thanks!

Last edited:
What version of C-More are you using?

Version 2.78 is the latest version that will connect to the EA7 panels. Anything newer is used only for the EA9 series.

The good news is that you can install multiple versions concurrently.

I'm sorry for reactivating this old thread, but I had the same issue and, at least in my case, the problem was that I was using (inadvertently) the demo version of C-More 2.78.
I had to reinstall C-More and to enter my license number.
Then "Read from Panel" was active and I was able to upload the project.